7-Zip 18.05 changelog
7-Zip 18.05 brings the following changes:
- The speed for single-thread LZMA/LZMA2 decoding
was increased by 30% in x64 version and by 3% in x86 version.
- 7-Zip now can use multi-threading for 7z/LZMA2 decoding,
if there are multiple independent data chunks in LZMA2 stream.
- 7-Zip now can use multi-threading for xz decoding,
if there are multiple blocks in xz stream.
- The speed for LZMA/LZMA2 compressing was increased
by 8% for fastest/fast compression levels and
by 3% for normal/maximum compression levels.
- 7-Zip now shows Properties (Info) window and CRC/SHA results window
as "list view" window instead of "message box" window.
- Some improvements in zip, hfs and dmg code.
- Previous versions of 7-Zip could work incorrectly in "Large memory pages" mode in
Windows 10 because of some BUG with "Large Pages" in Windows 10.
Now 7-Zip doesn't use "Large Pages" on Windows 10 up to revision 1709 (16299).
- The vulnerability in RAR unpacking code was fixed (CVE-2018-10115).
- Some bugs were fixed.
- New localization: Kabyle.