Downloading from newsgroups with Binreader
Page 1/3 of this article
Welcome to the tutorial for Binreader, where we'll explain how the program works and what you can do with it. Binreader is a simple, relatively new newsreader for downloading from newsgroups. Before we start with the actual tutorial, here's a list of Binreader's pros and cons:
- Simple to use and very fast
- Automated repairs of downloaded files (by means of PAR2) and unpacking them
- Supports playback of videos while downloading them
- Works on Windows, Mac and Linux!
- Only has the most basic functionalities:
- Doesn't support multiple servers
- No option to limit the speed (or a scheduler)
- The installer does not work properly when upgrading to a newer version: you are required to uninstall the old version, causing the program's settings to be deleted.
Binreader looks like this:
Download Binreader (link opens in a new window)
What has been improved in this version?
This tutorial contains of the following chapters:
- Downloading with NZB files
As you can see I won't discuss installing Binreader as it is really simple. Afterwards start Binreader. Automatically the Settings window will appear. What you can configure there is explained in the next chapter.
To the next chapter: Configuration